The Ballet and the Opera at Lincoln Center The American Ballet Theater performance was beautiful to watch. The acts got progressively better. Although the dancing in the first act was nice to see, it felt too ordered. Also, it lacked a storyline. On the other hand, the second act had a decent storyline. It did, however, still lack an element of freedom. The dancers seems to be constrained. The third act was by far my favorite because it had both a fun story told and the dancers seemed more free. I also appreciated that there was more character development in the third act, in contrast to the minimally developed characters portrayed in the second act. The third act also incorporated humor into the plot well. The costumes were also very lively. Overall, although I was able to appreciate all three acts of the ballet, the third act was my absolute favorite. Although I did not expect to like opera, I entered the theater at Lincoln Center looking for a new interesting experience. I did learn some new things at the opera, but I was not an overall big fan of Carmen. I felt that it was a very long performance to sit through while being fully engaged throughout the entire show. Also, I found following the show on stage while looking at the English subtitles on the screen in front if me to be tedious. There were also some elements of Carmen that I liked. I appreciated the way the set was displayed with the circular stone walls closing and opening around the town. I also liked the dancers that performed before every act. I felt that they served to draw the audience back into the performance very well. Overall, although the opera was not my favorite event our class has gone to, it was still nice to be exposed to a different form of art.