Carnegie Hall

I really enjoyed the concert.  I love classical music, so hearing it played live and non-digital was fantastic. The acoustics in that hall are amazing.  I think because of that, I was able to appreciate the wonders of instruments.  It is almost miraculous that such a plethora of different sounds and tunes could come out from a hollowed out piece of wood and some string.  The variation in volume was also incredible.  They went from super low, to very loud, all with such fluid motions.  Which brings me to the thing I liked most about going to Carnegie Hall.  The visual experience really took the music to the next level.  Watching the musicians move along with their instruments was mesmerizing.  The way their elbows bent in sync and the bobbing of their heads as they slid their bows back and forth was almost like some sort of dance.  Sometimes their moves were ferociously fast, almost like they were slicing their instruments in half, while other times they were being so gentle, it seemed like they were not even touching their instruments at all.  They made the music so much more alive.  I liked the Vivaldi piece the best out of all the ones played.  I don’t know exactly why.  Maybe because it had a theme and was easier to understand ( special thanks to Alex for helping me follow which season we were in and the Playbill, which gave really nice descriptions for each segment of each season ).