59 E 59 The stool at the End of the Bar

Before coming to this performance, I assumed it was going to be about two people who fall in love at a bar. I did not expect the plot twist to be that the wife was a transexual, I thought for sure that the man she fell in love with her step brother her something. Major plot twist! I was sitting trying to figure out for a minute who was Chris, the man’s brother and what surgery she had. It took me a few minutes to catch on to what was going on. This show was very interesting and funny. The language was a little over the top but I enjoyed every minute of this show.

At first I was confused that the show was in such a small theater and that we weren’t able to take pictures, but I just figured that they wanted to conserve the rights to the show. This show went by so quick for me and I was upset that it was over so soon! I don’t like when shows end in the middle of the story somewhat, and the viewer is forced to decide what happens at the end. I was hoping that once it was over that they would have a scene fast forwarding into the future showing us what eventually happened to the family.

I felt bad that everyone did not believe that the husband didn’t know that his wife was once a man! It was probably so hard to deal with and  I kind of understood why the husband was yelling so much. I do think though that they shouldn’t have told the kids and just left the fight between them. The kids were so scared.