Carnegie Hall

This was by far my favorite trip! I am taking music 1300 this semester and I just learned about all of the famous composers such as Bach, Mozart and Beethoven. I loved this event because I was able to relate to it and understand the performance.

During the first concerto, I wasn’t simply enjoying the sound of the music, I was studying it as well. I was paying attention to the tone change and the dynamic change, and was so thankful that I learned about those terms in class this semester.

The first performance was nice and calming. I loved closing my eyes and picturing a story in my head of what could possibly be going on. I loved that there was no set story for this concerto written, so I was able to use my imagination and make my own story.

The second performance to me, sound eery. I did not love the sound of the harpsichord, partly because I couldn’t hear it so well and partly because it sounded creepy to me. The harpsichord didn’t have as smooth of a sound as the violin did.

The last performance, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons was my favorite part of the night! As I was listening to this song I was swaying to the music and relaxing. I loved this song because it was familiar to me, it was my best friends phone ringtone when she was younger. Every time I was with her, her phone rang to this song. It was uplifting to hear a familiar sound and associate it with a nice memory. I also liked that there was a story for each season. I loved following along and thinking, “this must be winter the keys sound much deeper and slower,” or “this must be summer everything sound nice and calm”.

Overall, great night! I would definitely want to attend another classical music performance in the near future.