Carnegie Hall

I am glad I had the opportunity to go to Carnegie Hall because I don’t know when else I would ever have the opportunity to do so. Although I am not the biggest fan of classical music, and I don’t have extensive knowledge on the topic, I definitely enjoyed the calmness that some of the performances invoked within me.

My least favorite act was the second performance because the music put me on edge and did not soothe me in any way. I didn’t realize it as the song was being played, but once they went into the Four Seasons, which consisted of more peaceful music, I came to realize that your body feels it when the music is rougher.

After the performance, I was thinking about how musically challenged I am. I was stressed about how I would contribute in class because everyone else seemingly has more of a knowledge of music than I do. This made me upset at myself, but then I also realized that its the era that I was raised in that gave me less of an understanding of classical music. I associate classical music with things such as commercials and ringback tones, not because I’m less intelligent, but because this is what the 21st century is, and therefore I decided to download some classical music to my playlist.