Carnegie Hall

I really enjoyed the performance at Carnegie Hall! It was my first time going to a classical music performance which heightened my excitement. I was a little bored during the first act…maybe because I was too excited to hear the Four Seasons. So I definitely preferred the Four Seasons over the first segment, but I really enjoyed both halves of the concert. With my lack of experience and knowledge of classical music, I couldn’t really tell when each season ended and a new one began, but I still knew that my favorite seasons were Winter and Summer (Thanks Hannah for letting me know which was which :)). I especially enjoyed the intensity of Winter and, as Josh said, the change in tempo.

As per the violinists, I felt the same way as Jeanette did in terms of the way they looked like robots! The violin is an instrument that drives the musician into a complicated mental state that they appear as machines.  However, at the same time, I realized the violinists were naturally swaying to their own music! Its so interesting how I found signs of both raw talent and inevitable emotion evoked from the violinists.