Comics

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Comic Archives event at Columbia University because I was at a conference in California for one of my extracurricular activities. Instead of posting about that event, I will be reviewing one of the comics posted online. I have always loved the X-Man movies and, therefore, am choosing to discuss “The Uncanny X-Men #141″.

I really enjoyed the graphics of this comic. In an art class I took in high school, we learned about inking. We were given some pictures to ink ourselves and it was an extremely difficult process. I began to appreciate the patience and technique that goes into inking. It was very well done in “The Uncanny X-Men #141″.

One aspect of the comic that I didn’t like was the way that women were referred to. In the beginning of the comic, Wolverine saves Kate from Rogues. Logan addresses the villain stating, “YOU’RE GONNA RELEASE THE LADY, JUST LIKE SHE ASKED”. He specifically referred to her gender when she was being victimized and in need of savior. The helplessness of women is a flawed theme that is perpetuated in several forms of art. This tradition is in need of change.