food talk

I can honestly say enjoyed this event, was completely enthralled in it and was able to relate to it well because I am also Jewish. That said, I felt that a lot of people in the class at the end of the show couldn’t understand most of the things being talked about because they did not grow up with it causing sort of a rift in appeal.

A few things really made me enjoy this show. Firstly, i couldn’t stop laughing when one of the owners of Zabars advertised his company and skewed a question around in order to try to do such. I enjoyed the talk of many european jewish food because as stated above I’m a european jew. Imagining Kasha Varnikie and Matza Ball soup immediately reminded me of my grandmother’s house who i went to every shabbat night for dinner before she passed away so that brought back some strong memories too.

In conclusion, this event went better than expected for me as I was expecting something fairly bland. On a cold wednesday night however it was truly nice to go out and experience this public forum.