Stool at the End of a Bar

I had no idea what to expect from this particular play. I’ve never seen a play at an off broadway theater. What I noticed first was how small and limited the theater seemed. It was a far cry from the opera which had revolving sets and professional lighting. Like the comic book archive, they used what they had and made the best of it. The change in setting was clear even though very little changes occurred in the set.

The defining factor of the play was the content. The topic was controversial even for today’s times. The actors successfully  emphasized the gravity of the situation and it was interesting to see how characters react to the situations they were thrown in. It was an interesting commentary on the ways in which society responds to transgenders and homosexuals. I felt that this was a trip that left me thinking about the issues presented. The play definitely stirred up thoughts within me about how we function as a society. It was a trip that was riveting and a valuable experience.