When we were told that we were going to the ballet, I thought at first it was going to be a boring trip, but once I entered the American Ballet Theatre and watched all three performances: The Brahams-Hayden Variations, Monotones I and II, and The Green Table, my perception about ballet changed. The American Ballet Theatre was so beautiful and the people there were very well dressed to watch the performances. For the first performance, The Brahams-Hayden Variations, it was hard for me to keep track of all the ballet dancers on stage and I was only able to keep track of one to two couples on stage. For the second performance, Monotones I and II, I paid a closer attention to the orchestra and how the ballet dancers were moving to every sound and beat of the music that was played by the orchestra. This made me realized that if there was no music being played or there was no orchestra for the performance, I would not have the same reaction or feeling that I would have when there was music. This showed me that music has the power to allow individuals to feel the emotion of the performance. For the third performance, The Green Table, I was honestly in love with this performance. I loved how the third performance was telling a story and the use of costume and props by the ballet dancers added well to the story. My best part of the third performance is when the ballet dancers shot their toy guns, it caught me out of my surprise and I jumped a little out of my seat. I really enjoyed going on this trip and it made me learn not to judge something before experiencing it at first. The Macaulay program is a program that makes you try and do things that you never did before, and that is why I’m glad to be part of this amazing program.