C’est Moi!

Bonjour mes amis! Je m’appelle Victoria.

Allow me to describe myself in the least cliché way possible. But seeing as I am no prowess in creative writing, I shall merely attempt to present myself with originality.

But before I get to the nitty-gritty details that is me, I want to warn you that this site is an all-encompassing coverage of the way I want others to perceive me. Therefore, I admit that every piece of writing and whatnot that I showcase has gone through long-labored scrutiny before you even know about it. I post with the readers consciously in mind. You should thus constantly remind yourself that everything you see on my site is a carefully planned brush stroke, a futile attempt to approach the indefinite completion of the bigger painting of myself.

If you are curious of how long it took me to devise that blurb, look no further! I shall tell you right here and now that it took me approximately 30 minutes! I don’t know why I spend so much time doing these kinds of things when I have more pressing matters to attend to!

I think I’ve strayed away from the topic of myself for quite enough time now.

1. I am an avid reader, especially because my 1.25 hour train ride to Brooklyn College would be time wasted if I was not (an avid reader).
  2. And being the avid reader I am, I enjoy sitting in a secluded corner in the library, flipping through books.
  3. As you may have noticed, I am a lover of the language of French. However, my love doesn’t end there. I am what you may call a “xenglossophile,” if such a term existed.
  4. I have a peculiar inclination for seeing middle-age men who carry lunch boxes. That is the extent of my liking, seeing.
  5. If you haven’t ever tasted pineapple cakes from Taiwan, you must do so ASAP. They are one of my favorite kinds of pastries.
  6. I have a collection of 50 quarters with each state on the tails side, 50+ nail polish bottles of all sorts of colors, and 70+ postcards that I will never send out.
  7. I like art.
  8. I think the sound of violins are beautiful.
  9. I find melancholic music most beautiful.
  10. When I have free time, I prefer to shop in quirky or quaint little shops for useless, unnecessary items. And I don’t suffer from buyer’s remorse!
  11. I think things through and through until my brain is about to explode. Especially when I go shopping. That would explain why I don’t suffer from buyer’s remorse.
  12. I love to plan and research. It makes me feel knowledgable and therefore powerful. Because as they say, knowledge is power!
  13. I love the smell of an air-conditioned room.
  14. My perfect kind of place to live in is the town in which Kiki (from Kiki’s Delivery Service) resides.
  15. Greek mythology: drama, scandal, love, lust, INTENSITY. Oh, the makings of great storytelling.
  16. I keep unorganized journals because I love to read what I wrote years ago. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Reminiscence. What a bittersweet thing.
I could go on and on about myself in this one post, but that would defeat the purpose of this site. Therefore, if you are really interested in me and what I have to say, you can read my other posts to get a rounder sense of the person with the name, Victoria Tang. (Not to be confused with the many other people who claim the same name.)
—–
À bientôt! :D

2 Responses