Mission Statement

On September 17, 2011, I went to the Macaulay Honors Tech Fair and learned how to create an eportfolio. I thought it was cool, but I didn’t know what I wanted to focus mine on. During the workshop though, I had to create one. So I made this one.

But what should the content focus on?

I wanted to make a travel/study abroad eportfolio, but it’ll be a while until I actually study abroad. So that idea will have to wait until then. I thought of things that make me me. But there’s nothing I can really discuss extensively on a site for a long time (and not be bored of it soon). Then, I thought of focusing on all the sides of me. Anything about me. That idea is broad enough for me to keep with it. However, it might be a bit too broad. Whatever. I made it anyways. I couldn’t come up with anything better.

So, while my idea is broad, I have created categories. They are like mini-sites within this big one.

This is an temporary attempt at organizing the different aspects of myself and my life.

What’s the difference between this eportfolio and any regular blog? This won’t be regularly updated. More like sporadically. (That’s also how I maintain my journals.) And in a way, this is like an online portfolio showcasing “pieces” of me. Much fancier than a blog.

Ah, who’s kidding me? As much as I try to say this isn’t a “blog,” it sure does look like one. Call it whatever you want. I’ll call it my Macaulay Honors Eportfolio.

Here are the categories with their descriptions:

A “Curriculum Vitae”: This is where I file all of my work-related things. Things that will advance my career. Things I want to brag about. From my internships, to my volunteering experience, to actually working, and to clubs and whatnot (although that can also fall under schoolwork).

Coin Purse: I don’t know if you get this reference, but I am alluding to “my two cents.” You know, my input and opinions on issues that plague my existence.

La Galerie: French for The Gallery. Here is where I display my “artworks,” photography, creative writing, and other creative pieces. For the artist-wannabe part of my personality.

My Cup of Tea: You know, things I like. Raisins are not my cup of tea, but I definitely understand if it floats your boat. :D hehe

NYC Explorin’: When I go do things that are primarily NYC based/centered, I shall document them and post them under this category. Especially the quirky and artsy part of NYC, which I adore.

Reminiscing: Oh the memories I treasure. I shall eternalize them on the Internet and place them here to make searching easier.

Roaming the Quadrangle: My second home: college. We share a love/hate relationship. Don’t understand? That will clarify through my posts. (FYI: The name of this category refers to the central courtyard of Brooklyn College, which is in the shape of a quadrangle.)

Sanctuary: Things near and dear to me. Very vague. This category is basically where I file my absolute favorite things, that most likely always fall under other categories as well.

The Misfits: Miscellaneous, potpourri, whatever you want to call it. Not the band. Think Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Each and every toy on the Island of Misfit Toys is still as important as the non-misfits.

Aren't they adorable?

Thinking Ahead: Where all my obsessive future plans reside. Stuff I want to do. Things I plan to do. Et cetera. I really do find enjoyment out of researching and planning, especially things of no urgency.

So there you have it. An introduction to my eportfolio. Feel free to roam around. I am flattered that you are even reading this!