9/1 Assignment

0.   What does Art mean?

Art is a form of expression and creativity that inspires individuals and possesses meaning, whether profound or miniscule. Art can consist of anything from symbolism to metaphors and has an effect on both the viewer and artist. Art provokes thought and provides an alternate perspective to what we are accustomed to seeing in everyday life.

1.    What is your favorite art form?

My favorite art form is paintings. I love paintings of scenery that the artist puts a unique twist on. For example, one of my favorite paintings is Starry Night. Although it is meant to portray scenery, Van Gogh does an amazing job of using his brush and different styles to represent the view. Other art forms that interest me are music and dance. They are both expressions of emotions that can be manifested in different ways, whether by body movements, lyrics or beats that can stimulate thoughts.

2.    What is your favorite historical period?

My favorite historical periods are the Enlightenment and the Renaissance. The Enlightenment period was a period where many individuals began to question everything around them and sought answers to questions that people had avoided before. It was a very inspirational time period as many different ideologies evolved, rebellions took place and new countries were formed. Art was revolutionized at this time as was writing and thought. My favorite art is from the Renaissance as the works of Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci are still mystical today. I have a great interest in learning about religions and the works of both were central to the Vatican. Their paintings have a sense of magic about them.

3.    What is your academic/ non-academic strength?

I believe my academic strength is the Humanities, whether it is writing or reading. I love to read and learn new things as well as write to reflect my thoughts. My non-academic strength is my passion for sports. Whether it is playing sports or following them, I am an ardent sports fan and have a great depth of knowledge about all types. I also don’t give up and have a determination about me that will force me to fight until I achieve my goals.

4.    Do you feel comfortable with new technologies?

I feel comfortable with new technology for the most part. I am not very familiar with new technologies when they come out but I try to teach myself how to work new technologies when I have to.

5.    How would you rate your writing skills?

I think my writing skills are good but they can definitely be improved. I try to write whenever I have the opportunity as it is a way to express your thoughts and let your emotions out. I love to write, whether it is a paper, journal or poem.

This entry was posted in 9/1 Assignment. Bookmark the permalink.