9/22-9/29 Bronx Yankee stadium mural.

I chose to do a video on public art in the Bronx on 157th st based on the old Yankee stadium and a couple of deceased (Hall of fame) Yankee baseball players. This mural is a tribute to famous Yankee players who have passed on, and also captures the surrounding neighborhood. The players on the mural is said in the video. There were recent additions to the mural, such as George Steinbrenner (the far left of the mural) and Bobby Murcer (the far right) because they were huge contributions to the Yankee baseball team and have recently passed on. I searched for more information on the mural but all they have is opinions and not sourced material so I don’t know exactly when this was made but it has been altered over time to include some more legends of baseball. I chose a mural because I felt like it related to the video we saw in class about graffiti. I asked a friend who also grew up in the Bronx whether this mural was art in his eyes. You can see as he struggles to describe why he sees it as art. In this video a friend explains his view on the mural, the graffiti written below the mural, and whether or not it is art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrlGHqJvic

Bianca Rosa

This entry was posted in 9/22 Assignment, 9/29 Assignment. Bookmark the permalink.