Fall For Dance Festival Review

I really didn’t like the first part of the festival. The very first performance, Le Spectre de la rose, was very unclear, at least for me, as to what it was representing. Even after reading the description of what it was supposed to be about, I still could not understand how exactly that idea was represented through the dance. The next performance, Snow, wasn’t much better. It started off pretty interesting, I liked the turns and spins at first, but it was all the same throughout the performance.  The other thing I didn’t like about this performance was that I could see that the snow was of some significance to the dancer, but it was unclear as to why the snow was important, or really what feeling it evoked.  I loved the next two performances. The Dying Swan appealed to me at first because a Russian ballerina was performing. She had beautiful technique and accurately represented a dying swan. As I was watching her, I could invision an actual swan dying. This made the performance really enjoyable.  I liked the Alvin Ailey, Revelations,  performance too. It was upbeat and I really liked how they performed all their moves in unison. They also made complex dance moves look really easy. I would definitely go to another Alvin Ailey performance, or a performance by Diana Vishneva (Russian Ballerina from The Dying Swan). I would be reluctant to watch the Austrian Ballet (Le Spectre de la rose)  and I will definitely not go to another performance by Sang Jijia (Snow)

One thought on “Fall For Dance Festival Review”

1. This is a nice post but not a review. I was hoping that you will make an effort of writing to a readership that have not gone to an event you have attended and provide them with the information they need to make an educated choice based on your review. Clearly you would let them know that only half of the that night performances was worth the visit. You can also tell us details such as the venue: Fall for Dance, the style, etc.