Night at the Museum

Click below for all the information you need for Night at the Museum:

https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=dc3847422c9f7582958d52e0b&id=263d699194

“Talking in museums is one of the things that makes them matter…”

The time is almost here! On Wednesday, September 12, we will see you all at the majestic Brooklyn Museum for the grand opening Common Event of your Arts in New York Seminar. While the Museum is closed to the public, you and your Macaulay classmates will have full access to some of the Museum’s most impressive collections. But we don’t just want you to look!

This is your chance to start your adventures with art, with observation, with analysis and discussion that will continue throughout your time at Macaulay….and beyond!  We will look closely, think carefully and feel deeply.

Here’s the basic information:

Wednesday, September 12, 2018
The Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn
630 PM – 930 PM

But the basics are never enough for the curious mind.  We know you probably have more questions.  So here are some answers!

1. What time should I be there? What if I have a class Wednesday afternoon?
    • You should arrive at 6:30 PM. If you have a class that ends late on Wednesday, get right on the subway after class and get to the museum as quickly as possible
    • You will probably be finished up and ready to head home by 9:30 PM.
  2. Where do I go? How do I get there?
    • The Brooklyn Museum is at 200 Eastern Parkway. The 2 and 3 trains stop right in front of the Museum (Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum stop).
    • IF you are a student at Queens College or the College of Staten Island, there will be buses going from those campuses to the museum and returning to the campuses. You should meet promptly in your Honors Lounge at your campus at 430 PM (buses will leave promptly at 5).
    • If you are NOT a student at one of these campuses but want to take the bus, we may have some limited extra space. Email Lisa French (lisa.french@csi.cuny.edu) for the CSI bus or Amanda Hick (amanda.hick@mhc.cuny.edu) for the Queens bus to check. Don’t just show up and expect to get on the bus (no need to email if you are a student at one of those campuses).
  3. What should I bring?
    • Bring a camera (your phone should be fine), and a pen.  Practice using your phone to record voice memos. And bring your eye, your mind, your heart and your voice.
  4. Will there be snacks?
    • We will give you a light snack on your way out the door at the end of the evening. (Not dinner! So plan your daily nutrition accordingly)
  5. I have another question…