Me and Lauren took a trip on March 10th. It was a cold Friday afternoon. Me and Lauren decided to go to Brighton Beach after class while there was still snow on the ground. Since we arrived around 4 o’clock there were not many little kids because they had all been picked up from school already. It was also to early to see the working population shopping because it was before 5. We started from the beginning of Brighton Beach, the intersection of Brighton Beach Ave and Ocean Parkway. The first stop we made was at a Georgian bakery because we were hungry. We looked around the bakery and saw different types of desserts as well as fresh bread, salads, and warm pastries. Me and Lauren both got khachapuri, a traditional Georgian cheese filled bread. While waiting for our food we spoke to the worker that was serving us. He didn’t speak any English and knew very little Russian but was able to tell us that he was happy to serve us and enjoyed seeing people try his food. He was also more than happy to allow us to take pictures of the food for our project. After eating we continued walking down Brighton Beach taking pictures of the streets, restaurants and different store fronts. It was interesting to see the amount of people trekking through ice and snow filled sidewalks despite the awkward time. Despite the fact that it was about 30 degrees that day; we were still able to see the ladies that usually sell pierogis on the streets. You can smell the pierogis from blocks away, especially whenever they would bring out the fresh ones. As we walked we noticed the types of structures that surrounded us. It was very easy to tell the difference between old building and new. The new ones where mostly glass and metal and more comforting than the old brick structures. About every 10 minutes we would hear the Q and the B train run over head. As we approached the end of Brighton I decided to stop at an old pharmacy that I used to work at. I spoke to a few of my old coworkers and tried to interview one of them. Sergey, the one that I tried to interview, came to America 25 years ago and has been working and living on Brighton Beach ever since. Sadly, he did not feel comfortable being interviewed and so we decided to roam the pharmacy a little. While roaming, we found many Russian products that would otherwise not be seen in different pharmacies. Once we left we continued to look around at the new changed that had come to Brighton Beach. My favorite pizzeria had been closed down and turned into a healthy juice bar. We made it all the way to Coney Island Ave and decided to take the bus home because we had gotten very cold. On the bus ride, we had a final look at the streets of Brighton Beach as we drove by them.