Nov 11 2009

Stinging sensation

Published by Sai Ma under Short Films

A desperate mother with 4 children is truly a spectacle. We take certain things for granted, however, “nothing comes easy” as NBA basketball player Zaza Pachulia of the Republic of Georgia once said in an NBA playoff game when his team, the Atlanta Hawks ousted the Boston Celtics in Game 6 of the 2008 Playoffs by winning 103-101 and forcing a winner-takes-all Game 7. These comparisons may seem ridiculous and far-fetched however, if you will hear my explanation, it will make perfect sense. Zoe, a struggling mother of 4 children needed a breather from her chaotic life to be with her boyfriend Danny. However, during this process, she lost her identity in that she couldn’t balance between her children and her rekindled relationship. It took a scary turn for the worse in order to knock her back to her sense. Much like Zoe, the Atlanta Hawks had an identity crisis in this playoff series. They could not win at all on the road and had to re-discover their winning ways at home, and they responded. Sparked by Joe Johnson’s ridiculous 4th quarter scoring outburst, the Hawks were resilient and finally got the wake-up call that they needed to stay alive in this series.

5 responses so far

5 Responses to “Stinging sensation”

1.   Sai Maon 11 Dec 2009 at 10:15 pm

I definitely sympathize with her because she’s in a tough situation and was merely seeking some pleasure to feel free again. At the same time, the way she neglected her children was definitely the wrong decision, but because she was able to snap back to reality, she showed us how she knew what her priorities were.

2.   Samanthaon 11 Dec 2009 at 9:30 pm

Sai I just love how everything in your life leads you back to sports, but I’m left with teh same question Rhianna had: Do you sympathize?

3.   Aon 11 Dec 2009 at 6:48 pm

Wow, the analogy is unexpected. It makes sense though that the realization of the gravity of a situation propels one to action– whether it’s to be a better mother or to win a game.

4.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 2:39 pm

What a blog; everything comes back to sports with Sai. I do agree, however. Your analogy works.. Do you feel sympathy for the mother though?

5.   Nguyen Chion 11 Dec 2009 at 1:00 pm

How do you relate everything to basketball? That’s a talent, my friend.