Nov 22 2009

That’s It?

Published by Alina Pavlova under Looking at Music - MOMA

Boy, was I disappointed.

There was nothing of substance in this exhibit.  Nothing to really marvel at.

Maybe it’s just me

The pictures overall were quite boring.  I was familiar with most of the bands photographed, so that ramoneswasn’t the factor that took away from my enjoyment – my familiarity was fully intact.  Perhaps that’s why I was so disappointed, nothing really stood out.  Sure, there were headphones and you were able to take a trip down memory lane and listen to the old Ramones album, or Blondie.  But so what?  You can do that on YouTube now also.

There wasn’t much that was memorable for me from the exhibit.  No picture truly appealed to  me.  Nothing made me gasp.  Nothing really brought out any emotion.  Maybe only a yawn.

I did, however, like one thing: the huge collage of band pictures at the very beginning of the exhibit.  I must have spent a good 15 minutes there at the beginning, analyzing every little picture, and after I was done walking through the whole thing, I went back, and gazed at the collage some more.  I enjoyed seeing faces of bands I knew and thinking – “Oh, that’s KISS,” or “The Beatles!”  I liked playing the “rating” game – seeing bands and analyzing in my head how much I love them.

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “That’s It?”

1.   Aon 11 Dec 2009 at 7:54 pm

I personally didn’t like some of it, but some of the pictures were rather cool. Like the collage on the wall.

2.   harshita parikhon 11 Dec 2009 at 7:02 pm

I though that some of the exhibits were meaningful, but the majority were just random pictures which I could not understand or relate t the main theme. I though it was just me but you guys feel the same way too. I am not a big fan of the 70’s pop and rock and so i could not relate to the music either.

3.   alexxxon 10 Dec 2009 at 7:39 pm

You can do everything on the internet nowadays thanks to youtube and google. But visiting the exhibit and witnessing it first hand in all its authenticity is well worth it.

4.   Kay Mokon 10 Dec 2009 at 2:35 pm

I remember that album from the Ramones! It was one of the best in the exhibition, IMO, out of all the ones that I have listened to.

5.   Nathaly Martinezon 10 Dec 2009 at 12:26 am

I do not really like rock music or anything of that nature so naturally i did not like the fact that there was so much of it everywhere. I did think the collage was very colorful and vivid though. It was a great way to document the era of the 70s.

6.   Fabiana Sagreraon 06 Dec 2009 at 12:07 am

Honestly, I was disappointed too when I was listening to some songs. Several weren’t even that famous nor creative. I would have liked to hear more songs from the great bands that were on the collage.