Dec 07 2009

Soul of a Poet

Published by blah under Joseph O'Connor

Professor O’Connor seemed like the quiet, bookish type. You would never expect him to rhyme AND rap. Let’s just say that, it was a shock to hear an Irish professor, who was reciting memoirs and love poems one minute to rap about New York and Baruch the next. It was even more shocking to that every street corner was described so accurately.

Yeah, the tribute to New York was nice; but I still like the romantic and nostalgic writings more. I really liked the part in the memoir about Tennyson; it showed a bond between father and son, and how his love for literature had started.

Star of the Sea was warm, but it had a bittersweet quality to it. I hope I can find a copy.

2 Responses to “Soul of a Poet”

1.   harshita parikhon 11 Dec 2009 at 6:53 pm

I agree with you Angela….the rapping about new york and Baruch was what made the evening so interesting because it was so unexpected. I did not get any picture of this side of his personality from the excerpt of his book and that is why his easy going personalty was such a surprise.

2.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 5:45 pm

Rapping is a lot like poetry. The poem I wrote for my IDC presentation, I could have sang, I could have rapped, I could have burped.. It’s all in HOW you present it.