Dec 09 2009

“I’ve got blisters on me fingers!” – Ringo Starr

Published by Samantha under Looking at Music - MOMA

The Beatles

The Beatles

Me If I Actually Saw The Beatles

Me If I Actually Saw The Beatles

While I dreaded having to go to the museum, I still enjoyed this trip greatly, 1) i have always wanted to go to the MoMA and 2) I am a child of rock and roll (I LOVE The Beatles). This was one of my favorite cultural events because of its content and mixed media –like posters, intimate photographs, album covers, magazine spreads, videos, and music. While it’s a bit chaotic and overwhelming when you first walk in, it does not take away from the whole experience.  The selection of artists showcased there was phenomenal, it ranged from Patti Smith to The Ramones.  It was also refreshing to see people from all walks of life looking at the exhibit; music really is universal. The only downside of the exhibit was that it didn’t last longer.

4 Responses to ““I’ve got blisters on me fingers!” – Ringo Starr”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:49 pm

I agree with Zerxis, the picture and caption is really funny.

I love the Beatles too, but some of my friends think they’re depressing…

2.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 5:50 pm

When you have blisters and produce music like that of the Beatles, who cares?! Zerxis and Chi, I agree with both of you!

3.   Nguyen Chion 11 Dec 2009 at 8:39 am

I love The Beatles soooo much, too. We should get together and listen to them over food. Or we can play the new Rock Band and mesmerize over their talent.

4.   Zerxis Presson 10 Dec 2009 at 6:55 pm

I was also very happy to see the Beatles pictures. I also like your image’s title very much, “Me If I Actually Saw The Beatles”