Dec 09 2009

The Last Of The Irish Males

Published by Samantha under Joseph O'Connor

The Last of the Irish Males

Considering none of us actually wanted to hear an author read his own works . . . or any works for that matter, I’m happy we had to see Joseph O’Conner. After I read the except, I didn’t expect anything that would actually keep me awake but his readings were actually A-mazing. His easy-going nature and pizzazz (yes I said pizzazz) were so enthralling, I was sad to see it end. He was unlike any author I would have imagined . His passion for writing easily came through, it was easy to see why he was so good. The highlight of the event was easily the reading of his new poem to New York at the end. I’m still waiting for the emailed version of it Provost Mccarthy promised to send out…

Youtube Video “Like” from Joseph O’Conner as recommended by Baruch Provost James Mccarthy

5 Responses to “The Last Of The Irish Males”

1.   Aon 11 Dec 2009 at 7:51 pm

Hah, pizazz. That word is so flamboyant :).

2.   Nguyen Chion 11 Dec 2009 at 9:17 am

I think this poetry in the end really connected everyone in the room together. People who know the room thought “I know what he is talking about,” and the people who go to Baruch but don’t know the room thought “I want to check out that room because Baruch can’t be that beautiful.”
    The latter kind of people might be just me… I don’t think I should keep on generalizing opinions.
    🙂

3.   alexxxon 10 Dec 2009 at 7:05 pm

He gregarious personality really helped his readings. His voice lulled me and took me on an adventure through his words; that by he way were extra descriptive.

4.   Kay Mokon 10 Dec 2009 at 2:47 pm

I really want to read the poem again! Actually I want a video of him reading it, but it’s not on YouTube. :/ I agree that I did not expect that I would actually have fun listening to him rap in the reading.

5.   Nathaly Martinezon 10 Dec 2009 at 12:20 am

There was nothing typical about Joseph O’ Connor. He is a man full of surprises and that is what we all enjoyed about him. we did not get an ordinary author. We witnessed a rapper/artist/emotional/passionate and talented man. I really did not expect to enjoy his readings as much as I did.