Dec 11 2009

A Mother’s Children

Published by Jason Wat under Short Films

wasp385_279951aAs I watched through the short film, I was intrigued because this film felt very knew to me as the mother starts the film with a fight with another to protect her children. Even though she did not have much, was a single mother, she supported her children no matter what happened. It was interesting how the priority of her children was always first no matter what happened and no matter how harsh she would seem to treat them. The wasp seemed to be more beneficial than harmful as it reminded the family of how close they were. It makes me think about the extent to which parents would protect their children and watch out for them. Through watching these short films, I realized that they all showed a message in such a short time.

3 Responses to “A Mother’s Children”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 1:56 pm

The priority of her children first isn’t ALWAYS true Jason. What about when she left them unattended for her date?

2.   solanaon 12 Dec 2009 at 12:05 am

I agree. The wasp at the end seemed to tie the family even closer together and that was a success for the director. Through a tiny bug, the audience was able to see Zoe’s true love and dedication for her children.

3.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 9:57 pm

Aww, I agree… I’m pretty close (I like to think) with my mom because I know how much she went through to raise us while were kids. The same can be said about Zoe’s situation. It’s so tough to raise your kids, with the support of your friends and family, and in “Wasp”, Zoe doesn’t have anyone but herself (until Dave steps up to the plate).