Dec 11 2009

Careless or just a victim of circumstances

Published by harshita parikh under Short Films

http://www.gfilmfest.com/Wasp%20LONG%20SHOT.jpg

Looking at the events of the short movie it can be easily assumed that Zoe is an irresponsible mother. But is this assumption really justified? In my opinion she is a victim of her poor circumstances and bad choices. As can be inferred from some her action in the movie (the fight in the beginning of the move for the sake of her daughter or when in the bar the way she uses all her money to buy soda for her children in the bar), Zoe is trying hard to be a caring mother for her kids. Her poor state and her incapability to cope with the pressure of raising four small kids single handedly has led to her becoming a frustrated woman who longs for some personal, carefree time of her own.

4 Responses to “Careless or just a victim of circumstances”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:05 am

Honestly, when I first watched this I thought she was a careless, bad mother. However, after Davis told us to think about her characters, I realized she was intended to be looked upon as a sympathetic character, who doesn’t even have time for herself.

2.   Jason Waton 12 Dec 2009 at 12:01 am

I completely agree. She was a victim of circumstances. It’s hard for a single mother with four children.

3.   Sijia Sunon 11 Dec 2009 at 10:59 pm

Being careless is one definition of being irresponsible. It definitely took more than unlucky occasions for Zoe to become the single mother of 4 girls.

4.   Craigon 11 Dec 2009 at 7:25 pm

Be sure to re-size your images so they fit inside the post!