Dec 11 2009

Music Through Our Eyes

Published by Jason Wat under Looking at Music - MOMA

looking-at-music-300x225As I looked through the Looking at Music exhibition in the MOMA, what struck me the most was the large sign that listed out a lot of phrases in alphabetical order. I thought this was very interesting to read all of them. Even though I’m not sure what the significance  of it was in the exhibition, I thought the phrases were very strong. I was also watching The Game, At first it seemed to never end and that I didn’ t know what the purpose of the game was or what kind of game it was. By the end of the video, I realized that they were trying to get two stones on each side of the board in the middle. However, I think they were making a rhythm throughout the video with the pebbles as each of the players seemed to move in a pattern. However, there were hesitations here and there, I guess to for the player to think about the which pieces to move to “win” the game. that threw off the rhythm.

3 Responses to “Music Through Our Eyes”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 1:57 pm

The wall with the collage was cooler than the yellow wall.

And I’m betting that first piece was just put in there to mess with us.

2.   solanaon 11 Dec 2009 at 11:59 pm

The video also confused me. I liked the huge yellow wall at the entrance though. It made me step back and think for a little bit if i was in the right exhibit because it didn’t seem music related (except for the title).

3.   Samanthaon 11 Dec 2009 at 8:58 pm

The video at the entrance at first confused me, but as I saw the rest of the exhibit I completely forgot about it. It didn’t seem like a song, but a game. I’m just annoyed we’re probably never going to find out.