Dec 11 2009

So Many Pins!

Published by Jason Wat under Cultural Passport Assigments

albrightAs I walked through the Museum of Art and Design, the Read my Pins: The Madelein Albright Collection exhibition caught my eye the most. There were so many different pins that Albright owned and it seemed like every time she had a meeting with somebody as the Secretary of State, her pin had a meaning behind it. There were hundreds of pins that separated into groups including bugs, plants, fruits and much more. The pin that caught my attention the most was the a pin that had a man carrying the world on his shoulder. Albright used this pin only in the most important meetings which described how much responsibility she carried. Many of the pins she owned were well designed and they were all so beautiful. Many of her pins also made statements including the time she had a meeting with a high official in Afghanistan. She wore a bright pin of the U.S. flag which emphasized the importance of representing her country.

3 Responses to “So Many Pins!”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 3:37 am

I actually saw this as well, when I went with Zerxis and Sai. I found it amazing that she purposefully chose the pins she wore to occasions to make particular statements.

2.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 4:02 pm

How do you focus on pins like that, man? Hats off to you.. Maybe the hat has a pin or two on it as well. 😉

3.   Nguyen Chion 11 Dec 2009 at 3:56 pm

Haha, this is as American as apple pie.
    And Albright is the best thing since slice bread.
    Oh man, you just made my day, Jason Wat.