Dec 11 2009

Titanic & What’s Left Over

Published by Nguyen Chi under Cultural Passport Assigments

Titanic– The Artifact Exhibition

Rating: 4 stars

Reasons:

For as long as I remember, I have loved Titanic (the movie) with all my heart. Of course, this affinity has something (or everything) to do with Leonardo Dicaprio being the main actor. So out of curiosity, I visited the Titanic exhibition at the Artifact museum.

Their slogan for the show tugs at my heart string: “97 years later, the Titanic arrived at New York City.” I had a tear in my eye just thinking about the amount of people dying, and the love story that also went to the bottom of the ocean. The clocks, hats, money, photographs and footage of people and the Titanic exemplified my experience at that museum. The whole time, I was looking for artifacts that could reassure me that Jack and Rose (from Titanic) were a real love story.

Disclaimer: If you don’t like artifacts or like the movie Titanic, you will not like this museum.

3 Responses to “Titanic & What’s Left Over”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 2:30 pm

I never actually sat through Titanic…

I know, I’m a deprived soul.

2.   Rhianna Mohamedon 11 Dec 2009 at 5:17 pm

Celine Dion is great; too bad she wasn’t singing her heart’s desires all throughout the movie though.

3.   Sai Maon 11 Dec 2009 at 12:28 pm

Not to mention Celine Dion’s song “My <3 Will Go On" also stirs up some emotional scenes from this movie.