Dec 11 2009

Unexpected

Published by harshita parikh under Joseph O'Connor

http://www.villagillet.net/attachments/slides/0000/0424/Joseph_O_Connor_petit_slide.jpg

I was felt that any work of art reflects the artist’s true self. I was in for a change of mind when I went to this reading by Joseph O’ Connor. He was not the as i pictured him to be. I never, never expected him to be so easy going – he even rapped about new york and Baruch. Further not only easy going but he also had tons of charisma that kept the (unexpectedly large number ) audience glued to their seats during his reading. I also like the fact that during his reading of his work he incorporated quoted from other people’s work like John Donne, Walt Whitman or his views other peoples’ work like Patty Smith. I think it just amplified his humbleness and down to earth nature.

His reading can be viewed at this link

4 Responses to “Unexpected”

1.   Aon 12 Dec 2009 at 2:01 pm

I actually liked his excerpt Samantha… It said a lot about his talents as a writer. The reading was nice too.

Great link!

2.   solanaon 11 Dec 2009 at 11:56 pm

I completely agree with you. I never understood poetry, so I thought that I wold be lost during his reading. Surprisingly, he held my interest and I understood everything he was reading.

3.   Jason Waton 11 Dec 2009 at 11:54 pm

I found him really interesting and his jokes were so funny.

4.   Samanthaon 11 Dec 2009 at 8:34 pm

Harshita, you are completely right. Reading his excerpt made me think the reading was going to be soooo boring, but it turned out really good. I also loved the quotes and references to other great writers.