Oct 19 2012

Carmen…We’ll Meet Again Soon

Published by under Carmen

It was everything I expected; big voices, strong emotion, and an exciting ending. As I waited for Carmen to begin I studied the impressive architecture of the Met; its beautiful ceilings and brilliant chandeliers. Then as the opera began I saw that the performers on stage were even more magnificent than the venue. The vocals from Carmen were beautiful and Don Jose delivered a powerful performance as he professed his love for Carmen. The singing was so emotionally charged that it truly created a thorough description of the feelings each character had at the time. Carmen sang with such passion in Act I as she attempted to earn the love of Don Jose and when Carmen wanted to leave Don Jose in Act IV, he sang with such pain and sadness in his voice. This emotion is something that is unmatched by most other performing mediums I have encountered. My first time at the opera is something I’ll never forget. The opera resonated with me in such a big way that I fully intend to explore it further and see another show in the near future.

3 responses so far

3 Responses to “Carmen…We’ll Meet Again Soon”

1.   pgoldbergon 28 Oct 2012 at 3:30 pm

Kudos for you for wanting to see another opera after being subjected to Carmen. True, though, the singing was to die for. No pun intended.

Reply

2.   michaelmanoplaon 19 Dec 2012 at 10:21 pm

I like your point about the architecture, although sadly I probably was just staring in amazement at the ceiling more than I watched the play. Unfortunately I did not have such a strong connection to the opera but from your post I could really see why you liked it.

Reply

3.   Konstantin Dukhovnyyon 21 Dec 2012 at 3:59 pm

Well someone is an opera fan. I did not think of you as such an opera buff, you have surprised once again. The theater and set were absolutely beautiful and the singing was powerful. I just wish it wasn’t so drawn out, there was a lot of repetition.

Reply

Trackback URI | Comments RSS