Dec 13 2012

The Opera is ALIVE!!!!!

Credit to: http://www.lasvegastourism.com/shows/phantom.jpg

Singing, dancing, props, NO SUBTITLES!!! I have been wanting to see the Phantom of the Opera for years now and I have finally seen it. It surpassed all of my expectations and more. From the beginning I was astounded by the prop work as the chandelier went up from the stage to the ceiling above the theater. The singing and acting was great, especially since it was in English and I could understand everything going on. There were lots of different stage works going on from scene to scene, a change in the curtains or balcony seats of a theater moving on to stage, even a boat that moved across the stage through a foggy underground cave. The actor who played the Phantom wasn’t even the main actor who regularly plays him but his voice and acting was amazing. All of the singing and acting was perfect in every way. My mother loved the show so much she brought the CD of all of the main songs. I’m happy that I was able to watch the show and enjoy it in all of its glory.

2 Responses to “The Opera is ALIVE!!!!!”

1.   Stevie Borrelloon 21 Dec 2012 at 8:20 pm

I love The Phantom of the Opera and I’m so jealous that you got to see it! The music is absolutely beautiful and the story line is perfect. I like the Broadway play, but I actually think I like the film better. Probably because Gerard Butler is in it, but let us not get into that haha. What was your favorite song? I really love Music of the Night. I melt every time I hear it.

2.   bmcintyreon 22 Dec 2012 at 12:10 pm

I’ve been told that I need to see the Phantom of the Opera for years now and this post has made me actually consider seeing it. The way you described it made it sound incredible and I plan to have a discussion about what we liked and disliked.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS