Dec 21 2012

The Curtains Have Dropped

Why did this class have to end. This was by far my favorite class this semester and probably throughout my college career here in Baruch. The different art we have seen was amazing, especially the art of fellow students. The discussions we had were very thoughtful and interesting unlike most classes. And the friends I made were amazing and we had too much fun with all of our events and projects.

All I have to say about this class is thank you. Thank you to Professor Davis for coming up with the fun things we did in class and out of class and for the fun class discussions, thank you to my classmates for having fun with these events and projects and always finding a way to get things done, and thank you to art for being so vague and opinionated that I can say whatever I want and it’ll make sense.

Throughout the semester I have simply learned to keep my mind open. From that strange night at the museum on our first day of school I was afraid this is what Arts Seminar would be like. Then we saw a short film in class and I knew things were gonna be fun (I like watching movies in class). That first month of movies was great, every movie was eye-opening and strange, especially the animated short films. Then the opera came around. Oh the opera. I think every one knows how I felt about that. Our short time in dance was….interesting. I still don’t know how to swim, that show didn’t really help me.

An our final projects. From day one those projects were simply amazing. Every one was so good and inspiring and thoughtful and just amazing. I personally knew what I would make my project about from the first day of class. It was a big part of my life and easy to talk about for me. I honestly could make a full length movie about Sam, that short video didn’t capture everything there is to know about this cute kid. But I’m proud of my work and the way people saw it.

As I move on to the next semester I hope that I can get at least a sliver of the same enjoyment in this class in other classes. There were too many great things in this class and too many good memories. It feels like I’m Carmen being stabbed as the matador kills the bull. I’m dead and so is the exciting show that is this class. Thank you. *Applause* *Applause* (Encore Encore Bravo Bravo) 

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS