All posts by Aishwarya Bhatia

Neighborhood Project Ideas

Wall Street: I went to Wall Street for a school trip a few years ago. I visited Battery Park, Federal Hall, Trinity Church, and other popular landmarks in the area. None of them intrigued me more than the Charging Bull sculpture and the American Museum of Finance. The Charging Bull sculpture has a great amount of history associated with it. Further, it symbolizes  what makes New York City one of the most prominent finance centers of the world. Similarly, the American Museum of Finance is imperative because it showcases the evolution of American economy. It carries primary sources from 1700s, which demonstrate the political and social frame of the society back then. However, it keeps up with current economic state through different sources, one of them being the national debt clock. Overall, the rich history and importance of Wall Street sparks my interest and I would be very interested in exploring that further.

Morningside Heights: There is something intriguing about the structure of Morningside Heights. It is dominated by many educational institutions, most importantly, Columbia University. There have been many controversies surrounding the area because of those institutions of late. Demographically speaking, the area has greatest immigrant population from Dominican Republic, China, Korea, India, United Kingdom etc. This broad range makes the area particularly appealing. Furthermore, the two parks surrounding the area add to the neighborhood’s richness. The parks can serve as a tourist destination and have a great influence on the development of the neighborhood in general.

Introduction- New Beginning

Hi everyone! My name is Aishwarya Bhatia and I was born in India and moved to the U.S. with my family at a young age. I went to Forest Hills High School in Queens. I chose to attend Macaulay Honors Baruch College because the college offered a great source of education. Baruch’s renowned business school, helpful faculty, and apt location confirmed my decision.

As a business student, I am interested in exploring different sides of business. However, I would like to major in either international business or finance. International business is fascinating because it comprises of, as the name suggests, “international” interaction. The idea of owning a large international corporation, traveling to different parts of the world, interacting with different groups of people, and adapting business strategies according to the time and region is very appealing to me.  I am also interested in finance because all forms of business require knowledge of finance and budgeting along with management. Finance has great scope, is not something that will fade out in the world, and is interesting in general.

I am looking forward to second seminar of IDC. I want to learn more about New York City and how it became what it is today. As a history fanatic, I am especially interested in the early 1900s and this class is apt for that.

After college, I hope to study more. Apart from academics, I have many other goals in life. One of them is to travel around the world and see the countless small worlds that reside in and make up one. In my eyes, that is one of the greatest accomplishments anyone can have! Other than that, I would like to practice and master more dance forms. In addition, I would like to learn how to take good pictures. One of my favorite pictures taken by me is:

2006-09-01 00.00.00-1

More importantly, I would also like to have devoted a major portion of my life to something adventurous.

Well, that’s enough about me!  I look forward to learning more about you all!