Editing your group’s home page

Hello class,

A follow-up from Monday’s workshop:
First, send your featured image to Ariel and add it to the media library on the neighborhood project site ASAP. Don’t forget to supply a citation and link.
Once you have done that, Ariel will add the image to the home page of the site. This links to a post with that image under the name of your neighborhood. To make this the landing page of your group site, I suggest adding some introductory text and links to your sub-menus. I have done a quick example for you using the Brooklyn Beaches group:
http://eportfolios.macaulay.cuny.edu/beemanneighborhoods/2014/04/29/brooklyn-beaches/
(Note: this group will need to edit this and replace it with their research and menu items)

Please email me if you have any questions!

One thought on “Editing your group’s home page”

1. I noticed most groups have not edited the image page to serve as the homepage for their neighborhoods yet. Please make sure to contact me as soon as you add content for your section so I can link your image page to the landing page for your group. I am happy to show you how to do this as well. I simply use the URL for the image page and add it to the menu under “links”, and then replace the current place holder page by placing the link in the correct spot on the menu and deleting the page that was there. I also made the image smaller by clicking on the featured image in the bottom right next to the text editing box, and changed the scale to 320 x 233 (if that is too small try 640 x 466). I am in my office hours NOW – Wednesday from 12-2 in the Sociology department, cubicle 4240H.