Category Archives: Introductions

Introduction – Xiaoji Zou

Hello everyone, my name is Xiaoji Zou. I am originally from Southern China where I was born and immigrated to the United States at the age of 1. I then lived on the Lower East Side (Chinatown) for about 15 years until I moved the Upper West Side where I now reside. Having a strong Chinese upbringing, I not only value the juxtaposition of the chaotic lifestyle New York offers as opposed to the somewhat resilient Chinese lifestyle, but also all that New York has to offer.

This is what originally lead me to Macaulay Honors College, however not for Baruch originally. I intended to major in the Sciences and Math at City College of New York, but I decided to give Baruch a try as business had somewhat interested me as well. I hope to consider all the possible directions that I can take whether it be in the Medical field, Architecture, or Physics.

Hi, it’s Connie!

My name is Connie Li. I’m from Staten Island, NY, and I travel to school each morning by rail, ferry, bus, and train. I take the commute with pleasure because Macaulay Honors at Baruch is something I dreamt about while in high school. It’s located in the center of a cosmopolitan city. Every day I learn something new – whether it’s on the streets of NY or in the classrooms of Baruch. The school itself is a ground for the exchange of cultures, ideas, and motivation.

Entering Baruch, I knew that I did not want to major in business. I’ve been looking at Baruch’s School of Public Affairs and a minor in Journalism. But, my mind is never set on one path. With Macaulay Honors, I hope I can continue exploring all the fields of study and take advantage of the opportunities that the program offers – whether it’s through internships, special courses, or study abroad.

Furthermore, I’m excited for the IDC The People of New York City course. My interest in public affairs and journalism stems from my curiosity for understanding the relationships and developments of individuals, groups, and social class. I hope to continue discovering hidden aspects of NYC through this Macaulay seminar with all of you!

– Connie

Model UN Conference with one of my friends... I hope I'll continue this passion with Macaulay.