My Introduction

Hey everyone. My name is Ariel Yuan. I was born in Flushing Queens; however, when I was 7 years old, my family moved to Poughkeepsie. For those who don’t know where Poughkeepsie is, it is located in upstate New York about 2 hours away from Manhattan. Currently, I dorm on 97th and 3rd.

964565_10201296193151450_107741991_o 2

My sister and I at my Senior prom

Although I love living in a small tight-knit community, Poughkeepsie can get really boring. Attending a small high school where my graduating class consisted of about 120 student, I saw the same faces everyday since elementary school. When deciding where to attend college, I knew I wanted to experience something different. One of the main reasons I decided to come to Baruch is its location. Now living in Manhattan, I have access to many activities and opportunities. In addition, due to its amazing programs and benefits, my acceptance into the Macaulay Honors program also had a major influence in my decision.

As of now, I am a marketing major and I hope to pursue a career in that field in the future; however, my ultimate goal in life is to get married and have children. In fact, I actually really love cooking, cleaning, and taking care of children. Additionally, I believe that family is the most important thing in life.

photo

Me as a baby

Lastly, I am very excited for this course. I’ve always loved New York City because of its diversity. New York City is a melting pot consisting of so many different ethnicities. I am eager to learn more about this city and its people.

Well, thanks for reading my introduction and I look forward to getting to know all of you more.