Who is Nicolette Belitsis?

Hi everyone!! For those of you who haven’t met me during the first semester, my name is Nicolette Belitsis. I was born in Manhattan, at Mt. Sinai, and lived in Flushing, Queens for the early years of my childhood. While living there, I attended a private Greek school 2 blocks away from my house. When I was 8 or 9, my family moved to Manhasset Hills, Long Island, about 15 minutes away from my old house. Adjusting from private to public school was weird, because I was so used to being with kids just like me – Greek. However, I quickly got the hang of it and enjoyed my years in the Great Neck public school system.

I came to Baruch because of my acceptance into Macaulay. It’s a great programs and its benefits are simply amazing. I plan on majoring in International Business. I speak Greek and French and I really want to spend a lot of my life traveling, so I think this would be a great fit. However, this can always change… I also like psychology and I could also see myself in public relations, so…

I’m really excited for this class. I just took anthropology last semester which I really enjoyed. I find the people of New York already interesting, so I’m sure this class will further this interest. I’m constantly people watching, in restaurants, on the train, and simply on the street. I can’t wait to get to know all of you!

Here is a picture of my sister and I on the day of my high school graduation. We went to my favorite Italian restaurant in Douglaston which made me a very happy person because I seriously love Italian food.

irini