The Extra Steps To a Better Environment

This week what really stood out to me was this documentary I watched called “What The Health” which while it does has an obvious vegan bias, does point out some very good points about the environmental and ethical effects of the meat industry. In order to make sure that the documentary wasn’t purely based on mis-information however I did a little googling of my own and came across plenty of articles that go back decades which encompass the negative effects that the meat industry has on the environment.

Not only does sustaining the livestock take up 30% of the land but affects even more because of the waste and garbage that the farms produce. Duplin County in North Carolina is a prime example of the real effects that the meat industry has on the environment and the people who live there. In this line of thought, in order to truly take steps to protect the environment, changing your diet is a good way to make personal changes that will not only benefit health but also the world around us.

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

One thought on “The Extra Steps To a Better Environment”

1. Julia, I love that you’re branching out to find sources in different mediums! Have you thought of creating a video playlist (Media Library option) that we can put on this site?