IDC 3001H

The big assignments that I had to do for this class were tough, but all the more fun. I always like a good challenge and these assignments gave me just that. The personal immigration essay gave me a chance to finally explore and write about my family’s immigration and integration processes, which I did not know much about up to that point, save for their country of origin and year of migration. The statistical profile was a very long one that did not turn out to be as analytical as I had hoped it would, but it did teach me to be more careful in how I write and to always triple or even quadruple-check my work to check for errors and/or possible improvements to be made before submitting it. This assignment also taught me how to find and research data tables from all kinds of sources, including government sources and use Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint in order to add more content to my profile and analysis. The personal interview that I had conducted provided me with a surprisingly eloquent and detailed summary of the struggles of the immigration and integration processes. I also learned to lead my interviewee on more in order to get them to provide more insight on their statements and experiences. In addition, while careful diligence must be exercised when transcribing an interview, it is always alright to get rid of excessive pauses because one pause is always enough to express that the interviewee is thinking of a response.
I enjoyed this course, but I sincerely hoped that what I had learned from here can be applied to many other disciplines and real world experiences. That is the true mark of learning and understanding.

This entry was posted in Feedback. Bookmark the permalink.