Reflection for IDC Seminar 2

Over the course of the last semester, our class had three main assignment, two of which were practically full length journeys. The statistical profile and interview assignments each took a lot of time and, at times, seemed quite tedious. However, I felt that I learned various important skills from these two assignments: A familiarity with excel and experience in analyzing graphs are two skills I learned from the statistical profile assignment that most definitely will be useful as I move on in life. The interview assignment challenged me to think on my feet, scrutinize familiar material, and have patience.

I think that the statistical profile assignment should have been a group project from the get-go; speaking to my classmates, it seems that we each had our own problems that working together would have made the assignment much more simple. Additionally, I think that the directions for the statistical profile should be a bit more explicit in telling the class that we need to focus on the foreign born. That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed this seminar.

This entry was posted in Feedback. Bookmark the permalink.