Alexander Herrera

A group of friends pose in front of an art installation

Howdy everyone! I’m Alexander Herrera Caraballo. I was born in the Dominican Republic where I grew up alongside my older brother and my mother. When I was seven we moved to New York City and reunited with my father, since then I’ve lived in Queens. On paper I’m an Electrical major but I’m already thinking about switching to Environmental Engineering. I love singing (I can’t sing well but I do enjoy it), and at one point I went through a Hamilton obsession, then Heathers, then Be More Chill, finally I settled down with Beetlejuice. I used to sing constantly, in my classes, in the hallways, at home (much to my mother’s annoyance). Growing up in Queens I was well within walking distance of the Unisphere and Mets Stadium. Honestly Flushing Meadows park has to be one of the top spots in NYC for me, simply because of the many memories that park holds. It has always been a hangout spot for my group of friends over the years. Simply walking around in good company is one of the top experiences for me. I’ve been binging Brooklyn Nine Nine religiously. I also enjoy watching anime casually every once in a while. I’m super excited to get to know everyone and slowly you’ll get to uncover the layers to my personality.