Kristen Aloysius

A picture of Kristen at a restaurant in New Orleans
Kristen Aloysius

Hi Everyone!
My name is Kristen Aloysius. I’ve lived in Queens, on Long Island, and in India for a year in between. I’m also currently staying at the CCNY Towers. I’m an undecided major, but I’m interested in Biomedical Engineering, Earth Sciences, and Community Health. I also plan on possibly studying French as a minor. Although I have many different interests and I’m unsure of what exactly I would like to study, my long-term goal is to ultimately help people while learning through different perspectives in whichever field I decide to pursue. In addition to academic interests, I enjoy watching movies with my family, tracking the weather, visiting different cities/restaurants, and knitting.
Through this summer, I spent time with my family and celebrated graduation in wonderful, alternative ways including a drive-in graduation. Even though the events didn’t go as initially intended, the thoughtfulness that was put into planning them made them even more special. Going beyond this example of light in a difficult time, the resilience and kindness that so many people, especially New Yorkers, have exhibited recently is inspiring. The atmosphere of solidarity that is always present in NYC especially at one of my favorite places, The Freedom Tower, highlights how admirable the title “New Yorker” is and it’s something I hope to earn one day. I look forward to learning about NYC through the content we cover and the unique perspectives that everyone in this class has as fellow New Yorkers!