Art in the Everyday

Art in the Everyday- Around the Corner, Inadvertent Galleries

By: Roberta Smith

This article talks about find art or even a gallery in everyday life and appreciating it. The article had a heavy theme of minimalism in it, which I am glad of simply because I’ve never before put together the connection between the widening in what art is and minimalism. Anyways, an example of this in life as I have experienced it would be that the other day I was walking up 1st avenue I noticed it light creamy-tan colored building, and all along its side, it was tagged up all up and down. Though not in the ordinary fashion of disorganization, it was almost as if it had been planned, and put there on purpose by someone other then the average vandal. It wasn’t gorgeous, there were no bright colors or heavy stylization, not even any beautiful or fun drawing. It reminds me of the signing of the constitution, for the tags seem to be less tags and more like script signatures and the orderly manner in which they are spaced also makes it seem like some sort of collective effort on this nearly white canvas.

This entry was posted in My Collection. Bookmark the permalink.