Letter to Estella

To my dear Estella,

Paris is absolutely wonderful! Oh darling, how I wish you were here with me. To think- I only came here with my violin and some spare change, and here I am playing in The Orchestre Lamoureux. (“Music in Paris”, 2016). The orchestra is simply amazing; it is filled with such talented people. We play almost every week and every time, the seats are packed. I will let you in on a little secret; Monsieur Chevillard has been preparing us to play Claude Debussy’s Nocturnes. It is really unlike anything I have heard or played. It’s dramatic and I’m sure ti will have an impact on the music world.

Anyway, Paris is exactly as we had pictured it when we were just young girls. The streets are filled with a sense of romance. It almost makes me wish some gentleman would sweep me off my feet. The view of the Eiffel Tower is unbelievable. It’s tall and magnificent. You really need to see it for yourself. I took a boat trip down the Seine River and drank some wine with a couple of friends as well. They are great but it just isn’t the same without you.

he people here are intelligent and creative; you would love them! Ideas are exchanged at every social gathering. Just at the last one I met an interesting fellow that I did not quite catch the name of but his landscape paintings were absolutely amazing.

Enough about Paris, how are you? How are my parents and my brother? I’m sorry I seem so rushed but I need to get ready for a rehearsal tonight.

Send me back a letter and be sure to visit me soon!

Love,

Emily

Music in Paris. (2016). Wikipedia. Retrieved 2 October 2016, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_Paris