In doing research for my hot topic presentation and listening to those of my peers I have been able to learn alot about the role and duty that popular media outlets have in regards to reporting about the sciences. Since the audience of these particular entities is mostly average people with little to no expertise in specific scientific fields, it is important that the information be presented in a way that is appealing and easy to understand while also being scientifically sound. In order to do this I would make sure to be thorough with my research and relay the information in a concise way without altering any details. Including helpful charts and diagrams could also prove usual to give a visual aid to the information. Although I would want to make it appealing, I would not distort the facts to present a more likable claim. A good representation of scientific research not only includes simplifying scientific jargon, but also presenting all of the facts and limitations of it. When writing about science it is important that authors do not omit unfavorable results or data or pick and choose which conclusions they would like to present. As I was listening to the presentations I found it interesting how some authors misrepresented data to further a certain agenda. I wondered if this was done intentionally, or was a result of poor writing. Either way it is definitely something that deserves to be taken into consideration when representing scientific research to a general audience.