While working on the Aspirin lab, I found that it was easy to incorporate what we have previously learned about the scientific method and data analysis. Following each step laid out in the procedure and using our own data skills and observations made the lab a much smoother process than if I was to go through the lab with no prior instruction or knowledge. It was extremely interesting to see how Aspirin, one of the most common household drug, is made. Seeing how to apply different elements, like heat and ice, can change different states of matter. Taking part in physically seeing how a liquid crystalized into a solid was exciting, despite a few panics about whether we were doing it right.

Relating this lab to my group’s BioBlitz project specifically correlates with the use of data analyzing and the scientific method. Like the lab, the BioBlitz project involves my group creating a lab report while also forming the skills and data from different source in order to apply data analyzation. Being able to take two different sources and finding their connection and forming a coherent relation between them was especially challenging and rewarding.

Overall, retaining these skills involving scientific data and the method has shown to apply to a number of different projects in this class as well as ones to come in the future.