Working in the lab and synthesizing Aspirin was a very interesting experience. I learned about the importance of following your procedure strictly and carefully. Accurate measurements of substances and timing was crucial to produce the best results. There were many trials where aspirin still had traces of salicyclic acid in the class, and I believe it may have been due to time constraints.  My partner and I was able to successfully remove salicyclic acid from my aspirin, however, we were the last ones to finish the experiment and stayed over the class time. When considering how this experimental design can be improved to produce more successful results, I believe that a greater understanding of the procedure before implementation is key. Although Dr. Greer gave us a run-through of the experiment beforehand and we did not ask questions then, I believe many of us did not realize how many questions we would have until we actually started the experiment. Many students needed help from Dr. Greer during the experiment, including my partner and myself. Waiting for assistance from Dr. Greer could affect timing of certain steps, and not having a thorough understanding of the instructions could obviously affect the results. If we were to redo the experiment, I would suggest giving more detailed instruction, especially considering our inexperience in the lab.