I thought that the Aspirin lab was interesting. It was different than most of the stuff I have done in any lab room because there seemed to be a more real-life application to it. Aspirin is something that everyone in America has at least taken once in their life. Thus, learning to make such a compound felt more real to me than finding the molarity of NaOH. In addition, the procedure was explained pretty well and in a cool manner. Most of my lab professors or teachers take an hour or so explaining the lab in boring details, while this lab was quick and to the point. However, I think that there should have been a bit more time to complete the lab. It felt like we needed to rush, but we do only have a limited class time. The only sad part is that I couldn’t make a perfect aspirin. Nonetheless, I would be lying if I didn’t feel like I was in Breaking Bad for a moment. This lab has also peaked my interest in chemistry. I am also in awe of how scientists were even able to think of such an innovation. There must have been many experiments, observations, and trials the researchers must have conducted before thinking of transforming salicylic acid to aspirin.