My College Proposal

When doing the final paper for this class, many different ideas came to my mind. My original college idea, was to have a business based college, however I couldn’t find a way to make that idea unique to all the other business schools found throughout the country. I have always had an interest in numbers, however in the past I had some interest in the health field as well, mostly with the ideas of nutrition.

In high school I took an interesting nutrition course, where I got to learn a lot about the body and your body’s health. However coming to Brooklyn College I dropped the idea of majoring in something nutrition based, however I used those interest in my college proposal.

My basic set up for my college would be to have a four-year undergraduate college, where it would specialize in dietician/nutritional based courses and majors. Although my original idea had been for the college to be an institution where students who attended would be able to obtain a license to be certified. I decided that making my college a simple stepping stone to help those who were dedicated and wanted to be a nutritionist, rather than a school which is accredited to provide licenses. (partly because it would be more difficult to have a school with these programs to be run, considering the accreditation process)

Part of the idea for this stepping stone idea came from a good friend I have, who is studying to be a pharmacist at St. Johns. Most of the beginning courses my friend has to take are the simple stepping stones needed for her to become a pharmacist. I wanted to put the idea of allowing students to have a good background on what they plan to do in place. By having a school specialized in nutrition, it would open up more to different students and educate them more about how they would be able to help people.

A major thing that I had wanted to integrate into my school, would be a program to allow students to travel to countries to help those in a third world country. (somewhat like a global brigade, only more specialized) This would allow for students to learn how to handle people who need help fixing a diet that is basically minimal, as opposed to the common diets we encounter in the US where we consume too much food.

Although most of the ideas I had set within my College might not be perfect, I feel that some type of college along these lines could possibly be established, since nutrition is something that people should be worried over.