About the Project

This portfolio is a reflection of all the creative projects I have done for this semester in Arts in NYC interdisciplinary course.

The theme of my portfolio is:

LOVE IS SOMETHING THAT IS UNPREDICTABLE. WE NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL COME, AND WHEN IT DOES, WE WILL NEVER KNOW IF IT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. WE SHOULD ALL CHERISH WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

My first creative work focused on love in relationships. In my drawing, it is about a mermaid who has fallen in love with a human, a typical story. The mermaid is upset and depressed at the same time because she knows that it is not possible. The waves represented her anger and her tears represent her sadness. She is also holding a rose with falling petals to represent a love that is not possible.

My second creative project revolves around love from our families. We always receive love from our families, but sometimes we  forget about it. My second project is a poem that explains how I realized I miss my mom a lot after she went to China, and how I had to learn to fulfill her responsibilities every day. We should all cherish the love we have from our families before we regret.

Lastly, my third creative project focused on friendship. A good friendship is very hard to maintain. It can be easily broken over something. Even if we find the perfect friend, we will never know what happens in the future and if we will continue receiving love from the friends we receive now. Hence, we should be cherish what we have.