Reflection on the Creative Projects

My first project was not personal directly, but rather indirectly. I always dream of fantasies thus I knew I wanted to do something based on a fairytale. While listening to the song, Helpless Love, I thought of the little mermaid ,and how she knew that the human and her are two different people yet she still wants to be with him. I never realized that the three projects had to connect. When I first finished my 1st project, I thought how could I connect anything with a mermaid, but I decided to use the idea of love — not only about the love we always think about, but also the ones that surround us every day that we should also notice. I was proud when I finished my first project since it took me awhile. Immediately, I thought of art as a piece of drawing or a picture, but people came in with many unique ideas such as Joseph who came in with a puppet and Juan who came in with a clothes hanger of items, I thought just maybe I could’ve been more creative. In my first project, since I was nervous I didn’t explain the color detailing or the symbolism in the drawing because I did not know much about the people in the class, and I didn’t want to be seen as a weirdo. However, as time progressed I gradually became friendly with everyone, and I was able to open up more.

My 2nd creative project is actually personal, and I felt like my face turned red when I read it out loud. One thing I wanted to explain after was that my grandma actually isn’t that mean, she just like things to be perfect, and I was unable to do that. I really opened up in my 2nd creative project, and I felt really weird when the whole class was silent in the end. I wonder if I chose the wrong topic, but I still feel good being able to say it out loud. Lastly, my third project… since I became close with the people in my class, I decided that I felt comfortable enough to work with them. It was really fun and scary at the same time doing the acting because I never saw that side of the person. Even though it took awhile, it was actually really worth it. I learn a lot of editing skills just from my 3rd creative project. It was very unexpected that the MV actually turned out really nice. I thought it would look funny. As the semester progressed, I felt closer and closer to every one of my classmates, and I really want to continue this class. I learn that art can be portrayed differently, if you asked me before the semester to do a art piece I would have gave you something in paper, but now I think I would do something different like maybe make a movie or write a poem or story. Art can come in so many different forms, yet I never noticed.